Employees and employers must pay the corresponding fee to the Social Security Fund, in accordance with what is established in this Law, on wages, paid by the employer and received by the employee.
For the purposes of this Law and Cabinet Decree 68 of 1970, without prejudice to the definition of salary contained in the Labor Code, a salary or salary shall be understood to mean any remuneration without exception, in money or in kind, received by the employees of its employees. Employers as remuneration for or on their services, including:
Diets, provided that they are recurrent and that they exceed twenty-five percent (25%) of a month's salary. In case of exceeding the previous percentage, such surpluses will be considered as wages.
Production premiums, provided they exceed fifty percent (50%) of a month's salary.
The costs of representation of workers in the public and private sector as of January 1, 2006, for both sectors. Such representation expenses will be taxed as follows:
C. From July 1, 2010 onwards, one
hundred percent (100%).
The resources of the Social Security Fund to cover administrative expenses that require the administrative management of the Institution and the benefits of Sickness and Maternity Risks and Disability, Old Age and Death, will be constituted by the following income:
- The quota paid by the employees, which will be:
- From January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2012, the equivalent of nine percent (9%) of their salaries.
- As of January 1, 2013, the equivalent of nine point seventy-five percent (9.75%) of their salaries.
- The quota paid by the employers, which will be:
- From January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2012, the equivalent of twelve percent (12%) of their salaries.
- As of January 1, 2013, the equivalent of twelve point twenty-five percent (12.25%) of their salaries.
- The employer's special contribution, which will be made on the basis of each of the three items of the Thirteenth Month, equal to ten point seventy-five percent (10.75%) of the amount paid by the employer in this respect to his employees.
- The special contribution to be made by the employee, based on each of the three items of the Thirteenth Month, which shall be equivalent to seven point twenty-five percent (7.25%).