|Taxes in Panama|
The following are national taxes in
accordance with the provisions of
article 683 of the Fiscal Code:
- Import tax.
- Rent tax.
- Real estate tax.
- Ships tax.
- Notice of operations tax.
- Banks, financiers and exchange houses taxes.
- Insurance tax.
- Consumption of fuel and petroleum products tax.
- Transfer of personal property and furniture and provision of services tax.
- Selective consumption of certain goods and services tax.
- Transfer of real estate tax.
- Dividend (Supplementary) tax.
- Capital earnings tax.
0% Taxes on Offshore Income
The Tax System (For Corporations and Individuals) In The Republic of Panama, the tax system is structured to apply only on earned revenue within the country.
This means that only businesses licensed and operating within Panama will be taxed annually.
Business activities operated outside the Borders of Panama will not be taxed. Panama plays host to a large number of foreign operated corporations which operate their businesses outside the countries, and this unique taxation system is favorable to these businesses.